Our exclusive pre-agenda offer for Mx3 Barcelona – summit for pioneers driving innovation in and across media verticals – ends one week from now, on 7 December.
The agenda brings international speakers from the creator-led, consumer, and B2B media world. While we work on confirming final speakers, you can take a peek at the draft agenda here. Please note it remains subject to change, including the final running order.
All stage sessions are off-the-record to foster open and honest conversations. They are conversational and interactive. Nothing will be recorded, so to be in the conversation, you must be in the room. Learn more about the summit here.
Individuals and groups:
Our pre-agenda offer is €627 for individuals and €498 for groups of five or more people. The ticket gives you full access to Mx3 Barcelona, including the speaker programme, Mx3 Huddles (one-to-one consulting with experts) and formal and informal networking.
Republished with kind permission of smartocto, the world’s most actionable editorial analytics system offering a bird’s-eye view on The Story Life Cycle©.
You can view the speakers so far confirmed here. They include people such as:
- The business of entertainment with Sharon Waxman, Founder, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, The Wrap, USA: With The Wrap, Sharon runs the leading media company covering the business of Hollywood through news and live events. An award-winning journalist and best-selling author, she is one of the world’s top experts on Hollywood, the business of entertainment, and popular culture. Sharon became a media entrepreneur in 2009 when she founded The Wrap.
- Changing the fortunes of a static, mid-market media company with Paul Miller, CEO, Questex, USA: Paul is a visionary leader with a keen ability and a track record of growing businesses. He has a passion for creating winning cultures and high-performing teams. Paul has successfully led and grown businesses with revenues ranging from $30 million to $250 million in privately and publicly held companies. At Mx3 Barcelona, he will share how he took Questex from a static $70 million business to market-leading with 40+ per cent growth.
- Connecting with Gen Z with Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, Co-founder and CEO, Her Campus News, USA: Her Campus Media is the #1 media company for college students and Gen Z. Stephanie co-founded the company as an undergraduate at Harvard in 2009. Her Campus Media encompasses multiple brands, including Her Campus, College Fashionista, Spoon University, InfluenceHer Collective, and Generation Hired. HCM reaches over 10 million monthly users on more than 1,500 college campuses, leveraging the power of its 50,000+ community members to connect brands with Gen Z through its comprehensive suite of services.
- Vertical growth strategies with Kritasha Gupta, Head of Business Development, Financial Times, UK: Kritasha leads FT’s vertical growth strategy and the launch and growth of editorial verticals across topics such as ESG, climate, private equity, markets, work, careers, etc. Kritasha works across editorial, product and commercial (subscriptions, advertising and events) to discover, test and scale vertical-led initiatives supporting FT’s revenue model.
- Do-it-yourself media with Sam Baker, Founder-Publisher, The Shift, UK: With over thirty years in women’s media, Sam is the award-winning former editor of the British magazines J17, Company, Cosmopolitan and Red. In 2015, she co-founded the Webby- and Lovie-winning women’s digital media brand, The Pool, with broadcaster Lauren Laverne. In late 2020, Sam launched her acclaimed podcast, The Shift, which has since expanded into a community and newsletter, turning it into a six-figure business in three short years.
- Independent media revenue diversification with Jean-Paul Reparon, MD, AgriMedia, The Netherlands: Jean-Paul became co-owner and publisher of AgriMedia in 2019. As MD, he has diversified the company’s revenues and modernised its content and operations. In doing this, Jean-Paul has transitioned AgriMedia from a print-centric operation to a brand-focused one. The transformation included a new tech stack, establishing new content services, introducing a new (digital) subscription strategy, developing new digital business models for advertisers, creating and building events and exploring international licensing opportunities.
- Our Mx3 Barcelona interviewers will also be critical in the content shared on-stage. One such interviewer is renowned media analyst and commentator Colin Morrison OBE, Editor-Publisher of Flashes and Flames: The Global Media Weekly (subscribe here). Colin was formerly a CEO of Europe and Asia-Pacific media companies, including Axel Springer, Future, Hearst, Reed, EMAP and Australian Consolidated Press. Flashes & Flames features deep dives on companies, markets and trends and exclusive weekly interviews with industry leaders who don’t give interviews anywhere else. See him bring it to life in Barcelona!
See more about the speakers and interviewers so far confirmed here. They also include people like:
- Andrés Rodriguez, Founder and CEO, Spainmedia, Spain
- Lucy Küng, Strategic Advisor, Board Member, Author and Speaker, Switzerland
- Natasha Christie-Miller, Senior Advisor to TED conferences, Bayy Agency and more, and former CEO of Ascential Intelligence, UK
- Andy Burt, MD of CFO and Proformative at Industry Dive, USA
- Jacob Donnelly, Publisher, Morning Brew, and Founder, A Media Operator, USA
- Erika Marzano, Project Manager: Audience Development, Deutsche Welle, Germany
- Andrew Losowsky, Head of Community Product, Vox Media, USA
- Alan Soon, CEO, Splice Media, Singapore
- Martin Ashplant, MD of TechPro B2B Vertical, Future, UK
Finally, a reminder again that our exclusive, discounted pre-agenda offer ends in a week, on 7 December 2023.